On Monday, April 1, I interviewed Tiffany DeGrandis, Founder and President of Socially Magnetic Clips. Tiffany and I are partners in this new venture, which creates and produces 15-second video clips for authors and small businesses who want to engage video to expand their brand. In the digital age, social media has replaced direct mail as the most effective way to connect with your audience, build a loyal customer base, and maintain a brand presence.
During the interview, Tiffany shared some powerful statistics regarding the reach of video in digital marketing, her process for creating original and innovative video clips for a variety of clients, and how to get the maximum benefit from video clips, referencing 5 Important Tips for Getting the Most Engagement from Your Videos:
1. Commit to Constant Sharing – even the most compelling video won’t attract a new customer or client if they don’t know it exists. Never assume that just because you shared it once on each of your social media platforms that you’ve saturated the market. Constant sharing is a must…in the proper rotation, of course. You don’t want to keep posting the same video over and over, without anything else in-between, for example an article you found online or your latest blog post that speaks to an issue your customer cares about. The point is to share them multiple times on a daily basis. If we’ve created more than one video for you, consider rolling them out over time. Of course, any time-sensitive videos, e.g. centered around a holiday or a specific offer/discount/event, etc. should be promoted within the proper time-frame.
2. Use Hashtags – simply put, hashtags act as a sort of online “file folder” where people can find information relevant to that topic. For example, if someone wants to buy or sell a home, they’ll look for hashtags like #Realtor, #RealEstate, #RealEstateBroker, etc. Certain social media platforms like Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn use hashtags, though they are not as prominent on Facebook. Depending on your business or service, there’s a nearly unlimited supply of hashtags available to you, and we recommend using different ones each time you publish a post to attract as many potential customers as possible. So, even if you’re sharing the same video, you can use different hashtags each time to reach more people.
3. Schedule Posts with a Social Media Management Tool – social media management tools like HootSuite make it easy to schedule your posts to alternate content and avoid posting the same information repetitively. For more information, read eClincher’s article, Top 10 Social Media Management Tools.
4. Share Your Video(s) with Your Email List – if you email a newsletter on a regular basis to your email list, be sure to include your latest video with each one. It’s important to engage your existing customers to keep them coming back and recommending your business or service to their friends.
5. Embed Your Video(s) on Your Website – Google, the #1 search engine on the internet, loves videos. If you want to improve your rankings and achieve better SEO (search engine optimization) to make it easier for your prospects to find you online, do yourself a favor: embed your video(s) on your website. Socially Magnetic Clips adds your video(s) to our YouTube channel, so all you have to do is click on the share button, then copy and paste the embed (HTML) code on your site. If you have a webmaster, he or she can easily do this for you.
Missed the live episode? Click below to listen.
Ready to discuss a video clip? Need help with writing and publishing? Contact me to schedule a complimentary consultation.